The ARTIE Academy Tutoring Program is a volunteer based initiative that assists to ‘Close the Gap’ in educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in ARTIE Academy Schools across Queensland. The aim of the Tutoring Program is to develop confidence and increase students’ capabilities in numeracy and literacy. The program achieves this through supporting students in class and tutoring students outside of the classroom one-on-one, as well as in small groups.
The role of an ARTIE Academy Tutor is to;
- Keep the students engaged and help with strategies to complete their work.
- Encourage students attendance.
- Build strong working relationships with students and school staff.
- Be flexible, consistent, responsible and adaptable when working in ARTIE Academy schools.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Be reliable and allow continuity for ARTIE Academy students.
- Ensure all procedures are completed accurately and timely.
To find out more information or to register your interest in becoming an ARTIE Academy Tutor please complete and submit the form via the below link:tutors register your interest >