A position is available with the Former Origin Greats (FOGS) ARTIE Academy.
Role Description: ARTIE Academy Education Coordinator
You have a shared responsibility for the coordination and delivery of the following activities and key programs relevant at your assigned schools – Bundamba State Secondary College, Redbank Plains State High School and the remote coordination of Rockhampton State High School and North Rockhampton State High School:
- Attendance challenge (launch coordination, update charts, collect attendance, effort and behavior data)
- ARTIE Greats Challenge (launch, associated programs, excursion, rewards ceremony)
- Tutoring Program (tutor support, tutor inductions)
- Individual and Family Challenges
- ARTIE Beetson Fun Day
Your tasks and duties include:
- Access weekly attendance data for ARTIE Academy students to update attendance charts and tract attendance.
- Access Term Data to determine successful students for Challenges and arrange a time to reward successful students.
- Collaborate in the scheduling, planning, coordination and implementation of key ARTIE Academy activities and events (see above) with ARTIE Academy Program Manager (Jess).
- Printing and distribution of ARTIE Academy promotional or information to students/parents.
- Collaborate in the recruitment, coordination and implementation of Tutors at your school with ARTIE Academy Program Manager (Jess).
- Provide mentoring, academic and emotional support to students.
- Maintaining records of student contact including any special consideration or rewards given to students on a communication spreadsheet that records significant interactions with students, staff and community members.
- Support the ARTIE Academy Administration team in the distribution, collection and collation of necessary paperwork to support program delivery.
- Monitor, interpret and report on attendance patterns of students or groups on a regular basis.
- Inform and educate teachers, parents, community members and students on relevant issues that may be impacting on student engagement.
- Present information at school staff meetings to assist in the successful embedding of the ARTIE Academy within schools and to help improve attendance data and engagement.
- Support students to achieve attendance targets.
- Support students to achieve targets for effort and behavior.
- Develop and foster relationships between the school, family, community and stakeholders to encourage students to remain engaged at school.
- Promote cultural awareness in all aspects of program by encouraging participation of Elders, Indigenous ambassadors and presenters relevant and local to your school community.
- Engage Elders and Indigenous guests at Launches and events.
- Build connections with students and their families to acquire a deep knowledge and understanding of student backgrounds and changing circumstances.
- Where appropriate encourage home visits to disengaged students with appropriate school staff (eg. CEC’s, guidance officer etc) to advise and provide strategies for a more positive educational experience.
- Identify and provide appropriate assistance or referral to students experiencing difficulties at school and at home which put them at risk of leaving school.
- Provide regular informal feedback to Principal and school contacts regarding the attendance challenge and significant developments.
- Build positive relationships with all school staff including Administration, support, teaching and auxiliary.
- Communicate necessary information and promote ARTIE Academy Initiatives to school staff at school assemblies and staff meetings.
- Collaborate with ARTIE Academy Program Manager to assess the school’s progress at the end of semester by completing the School’s Feedback and Action Plan report.
- Stock control of ARTIE Merchandise
Qualifications and Key Attributes required for the position
- School/education experience essential
- Experience working with Indigenous communities (desirable but not essential)
- Blue Card is essential
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to establish a rapport with school aged students
- Highly organised, proactive, enthusiastic individual who can multitask
A package will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience. This company offers attractive annual leave, up to eight (8) weeks per year.
Please note this position is for a 6 month contract (May to December 2018) with possible extension.
To be considered for this position, please forward a resume and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, via email only to:
ARTIE Academy Program Manager
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. For further information please contact (07) 3367 1432.